Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Soybean (I Know) by The Indecent


It's a good thing that I extended my time limit in searching for songs that will make my list. I've only known about the band The Indecent and their song, and "Soybean (I Know)" for a few weeks or something like that. I'm can't recall how I found this video on YouTube, but maybe I was looking for grunge in 2010. It's very interesting and enjoyable video to watch, and under the video it tells viewers that Noah Hutton directed the video, so I look forward to seeing more of his videos. This was a very nice way to introduce the band to first-time listeners and to get new fans.

I know it's too early to start comparing The Indecent to legendary grunge band Nirvana, but I was listening to the Nirvana song "About a Girl" and Soybean, going back and forth listening to both and thinking, hey The Indecent are going places. I like their song a lot.

These two songs don't sound much alike but have some similarities. Both songs are from early in these bands' careers (only that Nirvana was starting out more than 20 years ago, in the '80s), also both songs have a slightly raw sound, not overproduced yet easy to listen to and enjoy often, and the songs appear to be influenced by rock bands and songs of the past, yet have their own unique sound and make me feel that rock music is still on the rise and at times getting better.

I do see some criticisms in the comments below the video in YouTube, and I'm only pointing this out because I wanted to write that those comments are wrong, so don't listen to them. I'm right about this song, it's a great song! "Soybean (I Know)" by The Indecent will be on my list of 25 Best Rock Songs of 2010.

1 comment: