Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cherri Bomb at Camp Freddy


Cherri Bomb performed Live a cover of "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters. According to information with the video on YouTube, this was in December. I wasn't there but it looked and sounded like it was a fantastic concert.

This is a a very good live performance by this talented all-female band. That's an understatement because I think they're great.

I like Julia's singing and guitar playing a lot. And decided to come back and add what I meant. After listening to several videos of covers and original songs by Cherri Bomb, I really think Julia is is a great rock singer and guitarist. In this performance, it's clear to me that they are great singing together, and Miranda and Rena do a lot of the vocals. Nia, the drummer, is very good too. Will she be the next Dave Grohl? I don't know, just asking. But I hope Cherri Bomb stays together as a band for like... forever...

These four girls have perhaps the best taste in music of any new band I've heard in a long time, and they've done Live covers of songs by progressive rock bands, grunge bands and hard rock bands.

Foo Fighters were the best rock band of the '00s in my opinion, and Cherri Bomb was one of the best rock bands last year.

Consider this post like a very long lead in a news story which will grow during the next few days or weeks as I look more closely at the best songs of 2010. Yeah, there will be opinion too, and lots of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment