Saturday, May 19, 2012

Watch me - Mackinzie


This is a great song! I found out about this "unsigned" artist and song almost immediately after the song was released on YouTube.  I like the way raw emotions are being conveyed in this song and the song flows beautifully and smoothly, with her superb guitar-playing making the song sink in to the listener's heart and mind and, at the same time, providing enough changes in the song to make it very interesting and memorable. 

I can't remember the exact search words that helped me find this on YouTube, but I think they were:  my, today (or)  my song, today

If someone wants to find new song releases each day on YouTube, that might help.

It's obvious to me that a new star in the music world will be on the rise very soon.  Mackinzie is a very talented singer, songwriter and I expect her to do quite well musically.  I'm considering this song for the 2012 rock song and pop song lists.

Mackinzie reminds me of a young Jewel, the way Jewel was when I went to her performance at a coffeehouse in Portland, Oregon back in the '90s and I think it was $2 to get in, or something like that.  It was a lot of fun and that place was packed! Oh how we -- the fans of '90s music -- miss the '90s!!

Note: This song and video is the property of its owner, and all songs and videos are the property of their owners.  I review and write about songs here, and my goal is to provide a way for music fans to learn about songs they might otherwise never get to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment