Friday, December 30, 2011

Ava Inferi - Majesty (2011) HD

I blogged this video and song out of the deepest respect for the band, their song, and this wonderful video. As an objective statement, "Majesty" is one of the best songs of 2011. This is among the greatest Gothic Metal/Doom Metal songs I've heard. Carmen Simões has such a beautiful voice and this song is both haunting and gorgeous at the same time. It's exactly what I like in the Gothic Metal.

This song will be near the top of the 2011 Best Rock Songs List -- Majesty has a slight rock 'n' roll feel to it or is that goth 'n' roll -- and the list will be similar number of songs to my 2010 list. Unfortunately, songs like this one rarely get on radio stations where I live. Lacuna Coil wasn't getting much radio airplay until their recent single release, and now I hear them on occasion when I turn on the radio. To my knowledge, I haven't heard Ava Inferi songs on the radio, but sometimes they don't tell listeners the names of the bands and songs.

I am a writer/independent journalist who reviews songs and videos here and chose to look at what is on YouTube because that's where millions of music lovers from all over the world to find out about music and watch videos. I can't right all the wrongs in the world, but the record companies, FM radio stations, and stores that are supposed to stock CDs are not promoting bands in a fair and honest way.

I'm waiting to hear this song on the radio and hope their CD "Onyx" will be available in stores. I encourage readers to support this band and many other bands, buy their CDs, purchase downloads, and go to concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment