Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rush - Fly By Night


"Fly By Night" will be in my list of 100 Best Rock Songs. Congratulations to the members of Rush!

I heard some songs on the radio tonight. I decided to drive at night to a few stores. Amazingly, some of the songs were ones that I was considering for the 100 Best Songs list. But now I know one or two were eliminated from further consideration or at least will have a tough time getting in.

I didn't hear "Fly By Night", a '70s hit by Rush, on the radio tonight. In my opinion, rock radio stations should play this classic rock song more often. Rush is a great rock band /power trio from Canada. Their blend of progressive rock and hard rock made them an especially well-liked rival to Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple especially in the mid to late '70s, when those bands were fading and Rush was at the peak of their powers.

Most bands have eight to 10 good solid years, some less and others more, but Rush has many, many more years than that and they seem to keep going. Hopefully some of their new fans will discover Rush's great music of the '70s and '80s, when they were one of the top bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment